DifGel Acrylic Resins
• DifGel Resin does not pollute the water table and is environmentally friendly
• DifGel Resin is non-toxic to the operator and environment
• DifGel Resin is injected through dual lines of a variable pressure pump, easily controlling the quantities used.
• DifGel Resin has a low flow resistance due to its low viscosity. This enables operators to not only seal cracks but to also seal the smallest capillaries.
• DifGel Resin contains a short-lived color dye enabling the operator to visually control the injections. A few minutes after the injection (and full polymerization) the dye completely disappears leaving no visible stain.
• DifGel Resin is chemically a non water-reactive product. Its' polymerization does not involve water, producing better control of the setting time.
• After injection, DifGel Resin becomes a gel, in a time which can be adjusted, chemically, from a few seconds to a few hours.
• DifGel Resin setting time is not affected by polluted or salted water.
• DifGel Gel is water and gas proof.
• DifGel Gel will remain water tight even if water disappears and reappears over time.
• DifGel Gel will resist even permanent water pressure:
When in contact with water, DifGel Gel will swell, due to its hydrophilic properties. These properties are incorporated into three(3) dimensional polymer frameworks, ensuring that even if the cross section of the joint or cracks change, the gel remains intact. Water does not induce chemical deterioration but on the contrary acts as a partner, further maintaining the gel in a condition of maximum expansion.
• DifGel Resin is stable with alkalines to 12ph, therefore not attacked by wet concrete.
• DifGel is insensitive to diluted acids, bases, and salts.
• DifGel gel is insoluble in water, solvents and hydrocarbons.
• DifGel gel is inert and unable to damage bitumen, membranes, joint-ribbons, construction materials and concrete.
• DifGel Resin is non-biodegradable and therefore cannot be a growth aid for fungi, microorganisms, mold or bacteria.
• DifGel gel is very adherent and highly elastic.
• DifGel Resin can withstand concrete works and/or ground deformations.
• DifGel gel can withstand freezing temperatures.
• DifGel gel has no effects on any materials in which it may come in contact.
DifGel Acrylic Resin was completely polymerized with a setting time of one (1) minute. The test sample was kept at room temperature for a period of 42 days. The degree of discoloring, consistence, and dissolution were determined. The test sample was characterized as either "stable" or "unstable".
• Petrol (unleaded) - Motor fuel - Stable
• Diesel - Diesel and heavy heating oil - Stable
• Toluol - Aromatic Solvent - Stable
• Xylol - Aromatic Solvent - Stable
• Methanol (50% in water) - Alcohols - Stable
• Isoproponal (50% in water) - Alcohols - Stable
• N-Methyl Pyrrolidone - Nitrogen w/solvent - Stable
• Ethyl Acetate - Aliphatic esters - Stable
• Methyl isobutyl ketone - Aliphatic ketones - Stable
• Formaldehyde (35% in water) - Aldehydes - Stable
• Acetic Acid (10% in water) - Organic Acids up to 10% - Stable
• Sulfuric acid (2% in water) - Mineral acids - Stable
• Sulfuric acid (20% in water) - Mineral acids up to 20% - Stable
• Sodium Hydroxide (pH 11-12) - Same as pH in concrete - Stable
• Common Salt (20% in water) - Salt solutions up to 20% - Stable
Typical Physical Properties
Appearance Translucent, sticky to the touch
Consistency Firm and rubbery
Adherence Very good adherent strength on hydraulic,
metallic and plastic bases.
Swelling in water 150-200%
Desiccation in air Shrinking and hardening without water contact
Swelling/desiccation cycle Reversible
Solubility Insoluble in water, kerosene, gasoline
Permeability Impermeable to water/ Stable in 100% humidity
Chemical Resistance Resistant to bacteria, fungi, and all chemicals in sewers
Tensile strength 100psi - 350psi
Elongation 250% - 350%
Cohesion Rupture Over 150%
Appearance Slightly Syrupy aqueous solution
Color Yellow-brown, slightly opalescent
Odor Slightly ester-like
Active/Solid Matter, % 48%
Density 0.044lbs/cubic inch at 68 degrees F
Viscosity (pure) 15 +/- cps
(ready to inject) 1-2 cps (water is 1cps)
Flash Point N/A (aqueous liquid)
Combustive properties Non Combustive
Stability Three(3) days catalyzed
DifGel Acrylic Resins allow for waterproofing injections while water is present and under high pressures. With its stability and ability to gel at any setting time, DifGel is perfect for almost every active leak.